The first-ever standalone CD release of "I Love My Lady" by JOHNNY MATHIS & CHIC

le graal

Moderators: Thierry, Electrofred, frenchic

alex

The first-ever standalone CD release of "I Love My Lady" by JOHNNY MATHIS & CHIC

Post by alex » 28 Dec 2018, 05:12

Something to Sing About: JOHNNY MATHIS and CHIC’s “I Love My Lady” Coming to CD from Second Disc, Real Gone

On February 1, 2019, Second Disc Records and Real Gone Music will proudly present the first-ever standalone compact disc release of "I Love My Lady", the remarkable 1981 album by two American treasures: JOHNNY MATHIS and CHIC.

Link:
https://theseconddisc.com/2018/12/somet ... real-gone/

frenchic

Re: The first-ever standalone CD release of "I Love My Lady" by JOHNNY MATHIS & CHIC

Post by frenchic » 28 Dec 2018, 14:15

Great news 😀
We want the best, we won't settle for less
- Good Times -

CHCHICfan

Re: The first-ever standalone CD release of "I Love My Lady" by JOHNNY MATHIS & CHIC

Post by CHCHICfan » 28 Dec 2018, 17:27

Ça c'est une excellente nouvelle. La pré-commande est faite ! J'en profite pour souhaiter une bonne année à tous.
Luc | CHCHICfan
Site web (photos, vidéos & collection)

alex

Post by alex » 29 Dec 2018, 13:57

Absolutely great news, we waited so long for this lost treasure, even knowing all the tracks, and having some tracks released on Compilations and on CHIC Boxset Volume 1. I don't have the money to buy the JOHNNY MATHIS Boxset to have this album along with others 67 albums.
In my opinion, in the future we will have other releases related to this treasure, since NILE RODGERS has the demos sung by FONZI THORNTON, should have some instrumental demos, such as the instrumental demo "Love And Be Loved" offered to the group THE SHAPESHIFTERS in 2006, and maybe he has extended, alternative or instrumental versions of some tracks.

Electrofred

Post by Electrofred » 29 Dec 2018, 22:13

Quelle news ! On est vraiment gâté en ce moment avec la Chic Organization ! Pré-commande effectuée ! Impossible de rater le CD ou vinyle de cette sortie inespérée.
"La vie ne consiste pas à survivre à l'orage, mais à apprendre à danser sous la pluie."
-Nile Rodgers, C'est CHIC-

frenchic

Post by frenchic » 30 Dec 2018, 13:21

The full Fonzi Frosbite LP by CHIC is a reality. Courtesy of Warner France years ago Thierry and I heard samples of the Fonzi and Johnny Mathis LPs. They had the original tapes they used for the CHIC Box I.
- Good Times -

alex

Post by alex » 30 Dec 2018, 21:08

I can't wait to buy and listen to the "Frostbite" album by FONZI THORNTON, I remember until today, it was around 2004 and 2005 when we talked a lot about the incredible JOHNNY MATHIS lost album made by CHIC ORGANIZATION when informations and confirmations began to emerge of a second lost album produced by CHIC ORGANIZATION, which is exactly the "Frostbite" album by FONZI THORNTON, which was completely finished, not only in the demo version, I was completely ecstatic, happier than I was with the album of JOHNNY MATHIS, because we would have more sensational songs of CHIC ORGANIZATION never released, that is, two lost treasures.

Electrofred

Post by Electrofred » 03 Feb 2019, 23:57

Et voilà ! Enfin arrivé !
Je l'ai commandé deux fois pour sécuriser le coup (on est fan ou pas, non? :lol: ) : une fois aux Etats-Unis (car je suis sur place actuellement) et je l'ai reçu immédiatement à sa sortie, alors qu'en France, la livraison a été reporté au 28 mars environ :twisted: Ouf ;-) :D
68652E1E-BD6D-4CC8-B831-7F83AF15D9F7.jpeg
68652E1E-BD6D-4CC8-B831-7F83AF15D9F7.jpeg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 4470 times
IMG_4790.JPG
IMG_4790.JPG (2.16 MiB) Viewed 4455 times
"La vie ne consiste pas à survivre à l'orage, mais à apprendre à danser sous la pluie."
-Nile Rodgers, C'est CHIC-

Wonder B

Post by Wonder B » 08 Feb 2019, 00:53

Peut-être cela a-t-il été évoqué autre part, mais pourquoi la pochette du CD n'est elle pas la même que le vinyle? Et dommage aussi qu'il n'y ait pas de liner notes dans le LP.
Bon c'est pas grave je me contente du vinyle transparent et de la musique hahahaha

frenchic

Post by frenchic » 09 Feb 2019, 12:51

Joli :D
Le label qui a sorti le vynil ne semble pas être le même que celui qui sort le CD.
Ca expliquerait les 2 pochettes différentes.
- Good Times -

Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry » 09 Feb 2019, 16:01

Intéressant la remarque de Nile sur la note la plus longue jamais égalée par es autres vocals de CHIC sur "I want to fall in love". Ce serait intéressant d'avoir le retour d'expérience de Johnny Mathis sur cet album.
Have Fun Again, I want you to have fun...

alex

Post by alex » 10 Feb 2019, 02:28

Interesting would also be to listen to all the demos of this incredible album, these demos sung by the precise FONZI THORNTON. We can not forget that NILE RODGERS has these demos on the lost ark, now found from CHIC ORGANIZATION.