Bernard Edwards - Glad to be here (1983) ré-édition CD

le graal

Moderators: Thierry, Electrofred, frenchic

frenchic

Bernard Edwards - Glad to be here (1983) ré-édition CD

Post by frenchic » 26 May 2009, 16:29

Enfin la ré-édition en import japonais du très rare (en CD) album solo 1983 de Bernard Edwards Glad to be here :lol:

Il est actuellement en vente à la Fnac à moins de 30 € et sur Ebay à... 16 €

We want the best, we won't settle for less
- Good Times -

BoysWillBeBoys

Re: Bernard Edwards - Glad to be here (1983) ré-édition CD

Post by BoysWillBeBoys » 26 May 2009, 17:06

j'ai paye bcp plus pour la premiere edition... Sais-tu si c'est la meme edition ou peut etre remasterisee?

frenchic

Post by frenchic » 27 May 2009, 13:39

On dirait que c'est une version remasterisée.
Mais bon le CD de la 1ère édition est parfait, je ne vois pas ce que ça va apporter... à part une diffusion abordable :wink:
- Good Times -

Electrofred

Post by Electrofred » 27 May 2009, 22:31

Bonne nouvelle pour moins de 30 euros ! Mais le cd n'est malheureusement pas en ligne sur fnac.com. Tu l'as peut etre vu en magasin ?
Sinon, c''est mieux que le type qui le vend 150 euros en occasion sur priceminister ! :evil:
"La vie ne consiste pas à survivre à l'orage, mais à apprendre à danser sous la pluie."
-Nile Rodgers, C'est CHIC-

frenchic

Post by frenchic » 28 May 2009, 11:53

Electrofred wrote:Tu l'as peut etre vu en magasin ?
Oui il est en vente en magasin à la FNAC des Halles (Paris) à 29 € et le même toujours sur Ebay à 16 €.
- Good Times -

Electrofred

Post by Electrofred » 29 May 2009, 08:55

Waouww. Je vois qu'il y a toujours des merveilles dans ce magasin du 1er arr. Je peux pas en dire autant de la fnac à Bordeaux ! Le seul magasin qui sort un peu des sentiers battus ici est Virgin... Je me suis procuré le 33 tours il y a quelques mois (voir mes anciens messages), c'est déjà un bon début ! :D
"La vie ne consiste pas à survivre à l'orage, mais à apprendre à danser sous la pluie."
-Nile Rodgers, C'est CHIC-

frenchic

Post by frenchic » 30 May 2009, 11:11

Ben la FNAC fait quand même la pub un peu partout en disant que tu peux commander un disque même s'ils l'ont pas en stock.
A voir si c'est si vrai que ça... :o
- Good Times -

Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry » 10 Jun 2009, 23:25

Moi aussi j'ai le 33t ...
Le seul album de Bernard Edwards, le graal koi !
A avoir absolument pour relire le CHIC sound
Il a été introuvable pendant 20 ans...
Have Fun Again, I want you to have fun...

frenchic

Post by frenchic » 11 Jun 2009, 10:50

Thierry wrote:Moi aussi j'ai le 33t ...
J'ai même le LP en 2 exemplaires, à l'épopque au cas où j'en aurais rayé un :lol:
- Good Times -

Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry » 11 Jun 2009, 19:18

Est-ce que l'on sait si "Glad to be here" est sorti avant ou après l'alter ego "The Land of the good groove" de Nile ?

1983 est une année paradoxale pour CHIC : 2 albums solo et l'album du groupe synonyme de la fin de l'âge d'or.
Avec du recul ces 2 albums solos sont un peu 2 conceptions différentes de la musique.
L'une orientée Soul et l'autre teintée de Rock. L'alchimie des 2, c'est bien CHIC !

Vous en pensez koi les fans ( j'essaye de reprendre un peu de service ;) ? )

alex

Post by alex » 12 Jun 2009, 04:07

Thierry, the album of NILE RODGERS was released before, more or less at the beginning of 1983, the album of BERNARD EDWARDS was launched more or less in the middle of the year 1983, and the album of CHIC was launched at the end of 1983. I agree with you, the album of BERNARD is more soul, only one track ("Your Love Is Good To Me") was used drum machine ("Linn Drum") programmed by BERNARD EDWARDS and RAY CHEW with assistance of JIMMY BRALOWER (not appears in the credits), all other tracks were used drummer (YOGI HORTON and TONY THOMPSON only one track) and the fact that it was produced by BERNARD EDWARDS for "CHIC MUSIC ORGANIZATION". The album of NILE is more rock, half of the tracks was used a drummer (TONY THOMPSON) and the other half was used electronic drums (drum patterns) programmed by NILE RODGERS and was NOT produced by NILE RODGERS for "CHIC MUSIC ORGANIZATION". The album of CHIC was also used drum machine (JIMMY BRALOWER) but doesn't appears in the credits. I think the musicians of incredible track "You Got Some Love For Me" are: NILE RODGERS on guitars, BERNARD EDWARDS on bass, ROB SABINO on keyboards and JIMMY BRALOWER on drum machine. TONY THOMPSON doesn't appears in this track. The incredible drum machine programmer JIMMY BRALOWER appeared in many productions of NILE RODGERS and also in productions of BERNARD EDWARDS, both in the 80s.

Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry » 12 Jun 2009, 20:55

Thanx Alex for all these informations about CHIC.
I didn't realize that Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards used a lot of Linn Drum Machines in 1983 for tracks.
In my sense, they always wanted to do music with real musicians.
1983 was hard for Tony Thompson

alex

Post by alex » 13 Jun 2009, 04:49

Thierry, I agree 1983 was very difficult for TONY THOMPSON, already in the previous year (1982) he has started to feel replaced by drum machine, NILE RODGERS have started to use electronic drums on some tracks ("Why" by CARLY SIMON and "Together" by ODYSS EY) instead of using TONY. In my opinion was NILE RODGERS which took this initiative because BERNARD EDWARDS always preferred real musicians. Also in 1982 TONY THOMPSON plays drums on two projects out of the CHIC ORGANIZATION, the single "Look Into My Eye s/Express" from 52ND STREET, and 3 tracks for the album "One Down" from MATERIAL ("I'm The One", "Come Down" and "Don't Lose Control") and the single "I'm The One (Dance Version)/Don't Lose Control (Dance Version)" also from MATERIAL. In 1983 TONY partici pated in some projects in the first months (NILE RODGERS, DAVID BOWIE and MICHAEL GREGORY), but as NILE already used more battery electronics and other drummers in his productions, he decided to be the drummer of the world tour "Serious Moonlight" of DAVID BOWIE, from April to December 1983, the right choice in my opinion. In this period he also participated the album of BERNARD EDWARDS and the album of CHIC at the end of the year. In 1984 despite that he participated the album "Like A Virgin" from MADONNA produced by NILE, he hasn't had a good relationship with NILE, unlike the BERNARD, which he always maintained a friendship, and in many projects produced by BERNARD the drummer was TONY.
""

frenchic

Post by frenchic » 13 Jun 2009, 14:27

Nile has always been very in touch with new technologies and computers.
It's not a surprise he tried linn drums.
Don't forget nowadays he has a big deal to be the producer of Microsoft games.
- Good Times -

alex

Post by alex » 13 Jun 2009, 18:11

I agree with you FrenCHIC, and I love this part of NILE, he and his partners always drawn from the new technology sounds magnificent, he was very responsible for incredible sound of decades of 80s, 90s and 00s, and BERNARD also with his impressive style. All productions of NILE RODGERS and BERNARD EDWARDS are wonderful. They are both geniuses, together or separately.
o