Connaissez vous cette reprise de CHIC?

le graal

Moderators: Thierry, Electrofred, frenchic

Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan » 18 Feb 2005, 03:11

Salut,

en faisant une recherche sur google je crois qu'il s'agit d'une reprise de Good Times :

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:IkcL ... fr&start=1

voir aussi ce site en cliquant ici

en gros d'après la page que j'ai trouvée voici une petite selection des groupes qui ont samplé ou qui se sont inspirés du good times de Chic:

Good Times

Beastie Boys: A.W.O.L.
Blondie: Rapture
Boogie Down Productions: 13 and Good
Chubb Rock: Just the Two of Us
Club House: SuperGood
College Boyz: Underground Blues
Dan the Automator: Music to be Murdered By
De la Soul: A Roller Skating Jam Named 'Saturdays'
Digital Underground: Doowutchyalike
DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince: The Reverend
DJ Shadow: Basic Mega-Mix
Father MC: Everything's Gonna Be Alright
Fugees: Refugees on the Mic
Furious Five: Birthday Party
G.P. WU: Hit Me with That S--t
Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five: The Adventures of Grandmaster Flash on the Wheels of Steel
Joe Budden: Body Hot
Just Ice: Back to the Old School
Justin Warfield: Steppin with. . .
Side Cell & Rhapazooty: Rhapazooty in Blue
Spoonie Gee: Monster Jam
Sugarhill Gang: Rapper's Delight
Timezone feat. Afrika Bambaata: Wildstyle

Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry » 18 Feb 2005, 13:13

Excellent Obi Wan ta page sur les samplers de Good Times !

Dis Wonder il s'est négocié à combien ce vynil ?

Tu penses donc que c'est une reprise soul ?
Auquel cas c'est vraiment regrettable de ne l'avoir jamais entendue. La sortie a du être confidentielle.

frenchic

Post by frenchic » 18 Feb 2005, 14:22

Des reprises ou plutôt des samples de "Good Times" il y en a des tas et la majorité c'est vraiment rien d'extra.

Pour moi la meilleure reprise c'est celle du groupe Zhané. Les filles ont été très respectueuses ( la rythmique légendaire de Bernard est bien reprise, et pas samplée) dans cette version plus cool et surtout très très classe.

A découvrir pour ceux qui ne connaissent pas (l'album Saturday Night en entier est superbe). C'est un disque Motown en plus....

Un extrait de la reprise sur : http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/clips ... 84-5091100

BERNILE

Peter BROWN

Post by BERNILE » 19 Feb 2005, 01:54

Il s'agit bien d'une reprise de Good Times, qui est en plus, le titre rap le plus long de la Old School, je vous joins un petit commentaire en English :

"SIDE CELL & RHAPAZOOTY :
" Rhapazooty In Blue "( 1980 )
THIS IS THE MOST LONG OLD SCHOOL SONG : 16:08 Minutes
Original Version Is CHIC : " Good Times "

Sicle Cell & Rhapazooty: “Rhapazooty in Blue” (5:43), from Super Rap: Original Rap & Hip Hop from Harlem’s P & P Records.
This compilation is the very definition of dodgy-as-cheap: the title of this song, for instance, is missing the “in” I found in Ego Trip’s Book of Rap Lists, which names it the 37th-best hip-hop single of 1980, which must’ve been hard. The uncredited liner notes are full of horrifying grammatical errors (“I have a good friend named Mr. Harvey Miller who own his own record label called Tyson Records and he also owns Harvey’s Barber Shop”), and the improper capitalization is so out of control--“His first Singer was a Blues Singer”--that I started wondering if the writer was from England. (Sorry, that was mean.) The music’s cheap, too: P & P appears to have been the very model of half-assed bootstraps capitalism, recycling the same backing tracks as everyone else (this song features a studio band recreating---gosh, what do you know---Chic’s “Good Times”) and putting them underneath rappers who often sound like they’d never been in front of a microphone before in their lives. The more obscure early hip-hop that gets reissued (i.e. non-Sugarhill or, in some cases, Enjoy), the more obvious it becomes just how many carpetbaggers there were out there trying to cash in and get out.
Which is one of the reasons I like this song so much: it’s completely shameless, and since early rap was, too---shamelessly entertaining, at the very least---the fit is fine. It’s a male-female duet: the man is Sicle Cell---lovely moniker, that--and the woman is Rhapazooty. (It wasn’t till I looked at the Ego Trip book to find out the actual release date that I realized what the pun was supposed to be; Gershwin would have groaned just as loudly as I did). Both of them sound totally fruity: they pronounce “ow” like “AHH-oooo-wuh,” and every word follows suit, like they’re trying to pop the vowels of every word like a pin pricking a balloon. This helps them bring off the song’s greatest moment (He: “*!” She: “Oh! And more *!” He: “I said * is the best, y’all!”) and it keeps things bubbling up and along in a way that the Chic riff deserves. “Good Times” itself crosscuts Alfa Anderson and Luci Martin’s stentorian vocals (not to mention the string section) over the groove; the Sugarhill Gang plod. These guys don’t make it more buoyant (even the Sugarhill Gang couldn’t undo that), but they keep up, which is all you can ask for, especially on a budget."

Si ça ne vous parle pas, vous pouvez toujours aller écouter un bout de ce titre sur AMAZON.COM (U.S.)
Il figure sur une compil' de Peter BROWN qui s'intitule "Presents super Rap".

À savoir que vous devrez sélectionner dans le chercheur : "Popular Music", et taper "Presents super rap". Si vous tapez Peter BROWN, il ne la trouvera pas. Puis, sélectionnez le titre et... écoutez !..

Mon avis : ça n'a pas l'air terrible, mais il faudrait en entendre un peu plus que 30 secondes... à acheter donc !..

Tcho'