Baby HipHop - On Est Là Video posted

le graal

Moderators: Thierry, Electrofred, frenchic

pocat

Baby HipHop - On Est Là Video posted

Post by pocat » 24 Jul 2006, 23:53

Thanks to info from Frenchic (lovely dude) the video of French Baby HipHop "On Est Là" is now on http://www.chictribute.com/index2.html
enjoy guys.

frenchic

Post by frenchic » 25 Jul 2006, 17:25

Funny video : thank's POCAT :lol: !

Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry » 25 Jul 2006, 22:41

Hello Pocat and frenchic,

What a video ! CHIC for Kids, I like that :D
CHIC is eternal... :idea:
Have Fun Again, I want you to have fun...

pocat

Post by pocat » 26 Jul 2006, 18:10

I thought it was cute and funny. Yes CHIC for Kidz :D
I'll have up this week and get back to Norma Jean and Luci next week.

btw: guys, where is the best (cheapest) place (on the net) to buy the Sheila & B. Devotion Kotw (special edition) in France :?:

frenchic

Post by frenchic » 27 Jul 2006, 09:52

pocat wrote:I thought it was cute and funny. Yes CHIC for Kidz :D
I'll have up this week and get back to Norma Jean and Luci next week.

btw: guys, where is the best (cheapest) place (on the net) to buy the Sheila & B. Devotion Kotw (special edition) in France :?:
You can buy it on the FNAC website for less than 12 euros (plus shipping) : http://www.fnac.com/Shelf/article.asp?P ... 6eb73&Fr=0

In France "la FNAC" is n°1 and was there before Virgin Megastore.
Not on web but in the FNAC shop the CD is sold with promotion for 13,5 euros (17 euros is the normal price).

You can also have it on french AMAZON for less tha 12 euros too: http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B000FOR ... c&v=glance

On international AMAZON the CD does n ot include the extra remix.

Tell us if you have some problem to get it :wink:

pocat

Post by pocat » 27 Jul 2006, 17:19

Thanks for the links FrenCHIC I just ordered it from Amazon.fr :D

Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry » 27 Jul 2006, 19:42

Hey Pocat,

Do you know if there are some photos or concerts where we can see Sheila and CHIC together :?:

Or am I dreaming :oops: ?

pocat

Post by pocat » 27 Jul 2006, 21:12

thierry wrote:Hey Pocat,

Do you know if there are some photos or concerts where we can see Sheila and CHIC together :?:

Or am I dreaming :oops: ?
Not that I know of, I don't know if they ever performed together :?:

Better mail Nile about that. :)

Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry » 28 Jul 2006, 11:16

Pocat wrote:Better mail Nile about that.
Ok I will try to contact him 8)
Maybe it works ?!

frenchic

Post by frenchic » 28 Jul 2006, 15:51

I even have contact with Sheila Fan Club (one of the multiples Sheila Fan Club), they don't have a photo of Chic and Sheila together... :cry:

During Bruxelles concert at the beginning of the month, I offered with Alain M of Belgium a beer to Richard Hilton. We talked about SPACER and he told us he loves this CHIC track. We also said that we think in Europe SPACER is more famous than for example even the Sister Sledge tracks and it's famous as Diana Ross UPSIDE DOWN. He never knew that and will tell it to the Groove Master !

pocat

Post by pocat » 29 Jul 2006, 17:50

Wonder B I agree with you that in the UK the Sister Sledge tracks are more famous than "Spacer", but it was a top ten hit in many of the continental European countries, so it would make sense to play in when playing in Europe. It is true the CHIC/Sheila album got very few (if any) good reviews, and looking at it from Nile & Nard's vantagepoint it must have felt like a commercial failure, since it didn't chart in the US. I have also said to both Nile and Richard that it would make sense to play "Spacer" in Europe. I would certainly LOVE to hear it live by CHIC.

Tony Thompson's comment on Sheila and that project:

""And Sheila B Devotion, never took off in the states. I dunno what 'Spacer' did here. But that was a great jam. But the album didn't do squat in the states. And there was some good stuff on the album. But when she came in the studio...wow! There were some looks when she opened her mouth to sing. She was terrible! I couldn't believe my ears. 'Spacer' should have come out as CHIC. It was too good.""

Interview here: http://www.chictribute.com/glens/texts/text04.html

Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry » 30 Jul 2006, 01:24

Moi aussi je ne pense pas que Spacer soit meilleur que les albums "Diana", "We are family" et "Got to love somebody".

Nous sommes tous d'accord : c'est dommage qu'il n'existe cependant aucune reprise de "Spacer" par CHIC. Même en 2006, ce serait extraordinaire avec la même section rythmique !
Sheila remplacée par Sylver Logan, ça serait un sacré lifting ...

Je pensais que spacer avait été un hit aussi aux States.
Incroyable.

Bien les amis je pars aussi en congé qqs jours et je reviens fin de semaine prochaine.

A bientôt et good times :D

frenchic

Post by frenchic » 31 Jul 2006, 09:59

I knew what Tony said about SPACER.
I always think SPACER with GOOD TIMES and LE FREAK, is the most monster groovy track of CHIC ! In twenty years it will still be a monster hit that will make dance everyone.

I only said SPACER is terrific, but the complete LP has not the glamour of Sister Sledge "We are Family" or "Diana".

But it is a very very important work for CHIC, it was a more "dangerous" project : it is the first LP where there are some rock pop tracks and it is the first non black CHIC production. And I have read that for Debby Harry or David Bowie the "King of the world" LP is one of the reason they decided to work with CHIC.