REVELATION - Walk On The Wild Side (rare song from 1981 with NILE RODGERS on guitar)

le graal

Moderators: Thierry, Electrofred, frenchic

alex

REVELATION - Walk On The Wild Side (rare song from 1981 with NILE RODGERS on guitar)

Post by alex » 25 Jun 2022, 22:47

The song "Walk On The Wild Side" by the group REVELATION can be considered rare as it only appears as the b-side of the german pressing of the 12" single of the song "Feel It" (this pressing already in the year 1981) and also as the extra track from the album "Feel It" also from 1981, this album is the same album "Revelation" from 1980 but with the addition of the song "Walk On The Wild Side" and with different images of the cover and back cover. Only the album "Revelation" (1980) was released in CD format (2004), the album "Feel It" (1981) was never released in CD format, and as the song "Walk On The Wild Side" never appeared on any compilation, this song doesn't exist in CD format, for all these details this song can be considered rare.

In the credits of the album "Revelation" from 1980 and in the credits of the album "Feel It" from 1981 (these 2 albums have the same songs with the exception of the song "Walk On The Wild Side") there are 2 guest musicians, RANDY BRECKER on horns and NILE RODGERS on guitar (in my opinion NILE RODGERS plays guitar on all songs of the both albums, so he also plays guitar on the song "Walk On The Wild Side"). All songs of this project which had 2 releases (1980 and 1981) were produced by JIMMY SIMPSON, with the exception of the song "Walk On The Wild Side" which was produced by BENNY DIGGS, who is one of the members of the group REVELATION, and has the date of 1981, I think this song was not recorded in 1980 along with the other songs of this project because it has a different producer, it must have been recorded in 1981 (produced in 1981), but it is certain that BENNY DIGGS used NILE RODGERS on guitar in this song too, NILE's guitar playing style is unique in the world, although there is no official confirmation, in my opinion is the genius NILE RODGERS on guitar in the song "Walk On The Wild Side".

REVELATION - Walk On The Wild Side (6:45)

■ Credits:
● Produced by BENNY DIGGS (1981)
● Written by BENNY DIGGS
● Arranged by BENNY DIGGS and JOSEPH JOUBERT

■ REVELATION:
● BENNY DIGGS
● JOSEPH JOUBERT
● ARNOLD McCULLER
● PHILLIP BALLOU

■ Special Guest:
● NILE RODGERS, Guitar, The CHIC ORGANIZATION Ltd., Courtesy of Atlantic Records

Link:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VoRTmxySCHk

Thierry
Site Admin

Re: REVELATION - Walk On The Wild Side (rare song from 1981 with NILE RODGERS on guitar)

Post by Thierry » 27 Jun 2022, 12:31

Hello Alex
It seems that Nile Rodgers was also present on the fantastic 1980 album "Revelation" :-)
Thanks Alex for this exclusive :P

Have Fun Again, I want you to have fun...

alex

Re: REVELATION - Walk On The Wild Side (rare song from 1981 with NILE RODGERS on guitar)

Post by alex » 27 Jun 2022, 16:30

I agree with you Thierry, it's a fantastic project ("Revelation"/"Feel It"), all the songs are excellent and the group REVELATION together with producer JIMMY SIMPSON would not miss the chance to have the participation of a musical genius (NILE RODGERS) playing guitar on all songs. The most famous song of this project is the sensational "Feel It", which the whole world knows about the participation of NILE RODGERS playing guitar, but the other songs are amazing and in my opinion the best song of the album is the best cover of any song by THE BEATLES that I've heard in my entire life, even better than the fantastic cover of the song "Dear Prudence" made by the group SIOUXSIE & THE BANSHEES, is the cover of the song "Yellow Submarine" by REVELATION.