ANDY TAYLOR - "Nobody's Business" (unreleased 1989 album recorded in 1988 with BERNARD EDWARDS and TONY THOMPSON)

le graal

Moderators: Thierry, Electrofred, frenchic

alex

ANDY TAYLOR - "Nobody's Business" (unreleased 1989 album recorded in 1988 with BERNARD EDWARDS and TONY THOMPSON)

Post by alex » 24 Mar 2021, 03:28

- In addition to:

● several unreleased songs, unreleased demos, unreleased outtakes and unreleased alternate versions from several different projects from CHIC ORGANIZATION (DIANA ROSS, SISTER SLEDGE, JOHNNY MATHIS, FONZI THORNTON and CHIC) from 1979 to 1983 (NILE RODGERS, BERNARD EDWARDS and TONY THOMPSON as musicians)

● some unreleased songs and unreleased demos from the sessions of the album "Adventures In The Land Of The Good Groove" by NILE RODGERS from 1982-1983 which NILE RODGERS did not include on the album because he thought it had a lot of the classic "CHIC Sound" (NILE RODGERS, BERNARD EDWARDS and TONY THOMPSON as musicians)

● 4 unreleased songs produced by BERNARD EDWARDS from the unreleased "Persuasion" album by ADAM ANT recorded in 1991, planned for 1992-1993 (BERNARD EDWARDS and TONY THOMPSON as musicians)

● some unreleased songs and unreleased alternate versions produced by BERNARD EDWARDS from the sessions of "Out Of Order" album by ROD STEWART from 1987-1988 (BERNARD EDWARDS and TONY THOMPSON as musicians)

- Now, another unreleased album is released with the participation of the incredible BERNARD EDWARDS and TONY THOMPSON as musicians, I didn't know this album or their participation in this project, but what singer or band in the world would not like to have these Gods playing bass and drums in your music? The answer is everyone. Because this album was recorded shortly after the album "Out Of Order" by ROD STEWART and had some musicians from that album (ANDY TAYLOR, BERNARD EDWARDS, TONY THOMPSON and KEVIN SAVIGAR), I believe that the sound should look like the ROD STEWART album.

The unreleased album from ANDY TAYLOR finally released. Unofficial release but nevertheless. This is brought to you by Duran Duran Fan Club.

"Nobody's Business" 2CD (Collector's Edition)
2CD: DD Fan Club ● DPRO-29818-2 (UK 2020)

"Nobody's Business" was written and recorded throughout 1988 and had it been released as intended in 1989, "Nobody's Business" would have been widely known as ANDY TAYLOR's second solo album. Instead, the 1990 covers album "Dangerous" stole that accolade. In ANDY's autobiography only one sullen mention is made of it: "Nobody's Business" — (solo album — unreleased).

Limited Collector's Edition 2CD features original 11-track album recording on disc one plus 35 minutes worth of bonus material and a 25 minute Japanese Media interview from 1986 on disc two. Presented with a 12-page full color picture booklet outlining the making of "Nobody's Business", including an exclusive postcard of ANDY TAYLOR photo by LIZ WUILLERMIN. Previously unavailable and unreleased. All tracks have been carefully remastered from the original archive tapes. Original 2CD set professionally mastered and manufactured (not a CD-R). Perfect sound quality (10).

CD1 - Original Album:
01. Try A Little Love
02. Who You Foolin' Jimmy Boy
03. Rock On
04. Nobody’s Business
05. Sarah (Look What You Done To Me)
06. Ring Ma Belle
07. Mission Of Mercy
08. Do Anything That You Want
09. She Was Mine
10. I'm On A Winner With You
11. Dead On The Money

CD2 - Bonus Disc:
01. Secret Life Of An Ordinary Man
02. Thrill Of It All
03. Be Good To Yourself
04. Tough Love
05. Hollywood Sign
06. Take A Look At Yourself
07. You Can’t Do That
08. One Shot
09. Do Anything That You Want (air studios instrumental)
10. Try A Little Love (rough instrumental)

Bonus Hidden Track:
11. Japanese Media Interview from 1986

Core personnel:
■ ANDY TAYLOR: Vocals, Guitars and Keyboards
■ BERNIE MARSDEN: Backing Vocals and Guitars
■ MICKY MOODY: Slide Guitar
■ BERNARD EDWARDS: Bass
■ TONY THOMPSON: Drums
■ SIMON WEBB: Keyboards
■ KEVIN SAVIGAR: Keyboards

ANDY TAYLOR - "Nobody’s Business" Album Snippets:
https://youtu.be/eNguCp-odZ8

frenchic

Re: ANDY TAYLOR - "Nobody's Business" (unreleased 1989 album recorded in 1988 with BERNARD EDWARDS and TONY THOMPSON)

Post by frenchic » 24 Mar 2021, 11:00

Andy's work sound like a "normal" rock LP.
I think we can clearly hear Tony's drums.

I prefer the work done for Adam Ant : it's more pop rock.
I published a post about it : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2868&p=13209&hilit=adam#p13209

There also an alternate version of Soup for One more "CHIC" (it's my opinion) than the original : https://youtu.be/rm2R8ulGqK8
We want the best, we won't settle for less
- Good Times -