Sister Sledge - You Fooled Around (Joey Negro Fooled Around With Mix)

le graal

Moderators: Thierry, Electrofred, frenchic

frenchic

Post by frenchic » 27 Oct 2020, 19:28

Un magnifique remix de Joey Negro dans la lignée des chef d'oeuvre de Tom Moulton.
Avec des parties instru inédites très CHIC (ex à 4:06) ainsi que la fin avec les superbes vocaux de Kathy.

https://youtu.be/jnTfOlaOpNU

We want the best, we won't settle for less
- Good Times -

Thierry
Site Admin

Re: Sister Sledge - You Fooled Around (Joey Negro Fooled Around With Mix)

Post by Thierry » 28 Oct 2020, 00:58

Ma reprise préférée de ce titre...une tuerie que je passe en boucle dés que je peux :P
La vrai perle de l'album un peu comme le "Tenderness" de Diana :ugeek:
Have Fun Again, I want you to have fun...

alex

Post by alex » 28 Oct 2020, 19:33

I agree with you two, this is a magnificent remix, for me it is the best remix of all of this song, and I also consider the best song of the album "Love Somebody Today", an excellent album by CHIC ORGANIZATION, and I can't wait to listen the 2 unreleased songs from this album ("Boat Ride" and "Unknown Title"), and also the unreleased outtake "I Got To Love Somebody" (Reel One) that served as the basis for the song "I'll Be There" recorded in 2014/2015 and released in 2015.

J-LUC_02

Post by J-LUC_02 » 31 Oct 2020, 01:18

Hi guys, I totally agree with all of you, what an amazing remix ! Thanks you very much !

Alain M

Post by Alain M » 31 Oct 2020, 12:40

Il y a remix et remix ... et cela c'est un super remix pour un titre que je mets en-haut de la pyramide Chicienne... toppissime :lol:
Alain M

frenchic

Post by frenchic » 31 Oct 2020, 20:17

alex wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 19:33
I can't wait to listen the 2 unreleased songs from this album ("Boat Ride" and "Unknown Title")
Hello Alex, where did you get this information !surprised! ?
- Good Times -

alex

Post by alex » 31 Oct 2020, 21:53

frenchic, a few years ago I read or I watched an interview from NILE RODGERS saying that there were 2 unreleased songs by SISTER SLEDGE that were found on "The Lost CHIC ORGANIZATION Cassettes and Masters Tapes". In the photo of the recording sessions at Power Station Studios from September 1979, we see the following tracks:

1) "I Got To Love Somebody" (Reel One) (Outtake)
Date: 05/September/1979
1) "I Got To Love Somebody" (Reel Two)
Date: 06/September/1979
2) "Boat Ride"
Date: 06/September/1979

So, one of the 2 unreleased songs is "Boat Ride" that appears in the photo, the other unreleased song I believe is not the outtake (reel one) of the song "I Got To Love Somebody, because the song "I Got To Love Somebody" was released (reel two), I have no idea what the other unreleased song is, but I believe it is part of the recording sessions for the album "Love Somebody Today" (1979/1980), as well as the song "Boat Ride" (1979).
Attachments
wopc-579_05-1.jpeg
wopc-579_05-1.jpeg (131.42 KiB) Viewed 5242 times

Electrofred

Post by Electrofred » 01 Nov 2020, 07:06

Un superbe remix et un titre inédit, merci pour ces news ! Je pensais d’ailleurs à une prochaine CHIC ORGANIZATION box 2...
"La vie ne consiste pas à survivre à l'orage, mais à apprendre à danser sous la pluie."
-Nile Rodgers, C'est CHIC-

frenchic

Post by frenchic » 01 Nov 2020, 18:02

Thank's a lot Alex :D what a real pleasure to learn something new about CHIC songs I didn't know.
And this from another real die hard CHIC Fan 8)

Being an english speaking fan you are very active and expert on this mostly french speaking blog :lol:
May I ask you one question : Where are you from ?
- Good Times -

alex

Post by alex » 01 Nov 2020, 19:41

frenchic, I don't speak english, I'm brazilian and I live in the city of Sao Paulo in Brazil, I must be one of the biggest fans of CHIC ORGANIZATION, NILE RODGERS Productions and BERNARD EDWARDS Productions in Latin America, because I don't speak english I use google translate, and I also use to translate into portuguese what is spoken in french by the majority of fans who access this wonderful site.

frenchic

Post by frenchic » 01 Nov 2020, 20:01

alex wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 19:41
frenchic, I don't speak english, I'm brazilian and I live in the city of Sao Paulo in Brazil
Such a joy to have a CHIC friend from Brazil :D
I think Sao Paulo is my favorite CHIC Instrumental : I'm dying each time I listen to !!
I'm fan of Bossa Nova too :mrgreen:
- Good Times -

alex

Post by alex » 01 Nov 2020, 20:53

I also love the song "Sao Paulo", both NILE RODGERS and BERNARD EDWARDS put in the song the atmosphere of the city of Sao Paulo from the 60s, 70s and 80s, which was very rainy and had the famous drizzle, today in days it rains a lot less and the famous drizzle has decreased a lot, every time I listen to the song "Sao Paulo" I imagine myself driving in the city of Sao Paulo drizzling in the late 70s, the instrumental that NILE and NARD created for the song it's just incredible, and to know that there is an alternative version of this song with ROBERT DRAKE, engineer and friend of NILE RODGERS, I hope that NILE RODGERS will put this alternative version in the future CHIC ORGANIZATION Boxset Volume 2.

Wonder B

Post by Wonder B » 16 Nov 2020, 17:49

Joey Negro is one of the very few remixers who will never betray the original ideas of the people who did the original tracks...
That's why his compilations of remixes sell like hot cakes... In fact they sell so fast that I am missing one which went 'sold out' before I could veen blink an eye hahahaha
And his Sunburst Band outfit (especially their 1st album) is to die for !