The Power Station (The Making Of... In Studio 1985)

le graal

Moderators: Thierry, Electrofred, frenchic

frenchic

The Power Station (The Making Of... In Studio 1985)

Post by frenchic » 14 Sep 2019, 19:33

Des interview du super group produit par Bernard Edwards en 1985.
Des informations données par Bernard, des moments avec Tony et des extraits des enregistrements studio.

A voir sur : https://youtu.be/CDU8MGyJSD4

We want the best, we won't settle for less
- Good Times -

alex

Re: The Power Station (The Making Of... In Studio 1985)

Post by alex » 17 Sep 2019, 00:48

A supergroup, the unbelievable union of two wonderful groups, DURAN DURAN (JOHN TAYLOR and ANDY TAYLOR) & CHIC (TONY THOMPSON and BERNARD EDWARDS) + ROBERT PALMER (a tremendous vocalist). I always wanted a full album of DURAN DURAN produced by BERNARD EDWARDS, the only song he produced ("A View To A Kill") was simply one of the best ever made by the group, it would be great a full album of DURAN DURAN produced by BERNARD EDWARDS, no doubt it would be excellent like the full album of DURAN DURAN produced by your partner NILE RODGERS ("Notorious").

frenchic

Re: The Power Station (The Making Of... In Studio 1985)

Post by frenchic » 17 Sep 2019, 09:35

I love the works of The Power Station. It shows the rock side of Bernard Edwards.
I always thought Bernard was more "rock" and Nile was more "pop".

Tony Thompson has exploded with The Power Station : he is now considered as one of the best 80's drummer because of his work with the Power Station and less with his work with CHIC except for Diana Ross I'm coming out

The only two #1 hit of Duran Duran in the USA were collaboration with the CHIC men according to Billboard.
The Reflex was their first #1 hit in the USA in 1984 and was simply remixed by Nile Rodgers and not produced by.
A View to a Kill was the second #1 hit in 1985 but was produced by Bernard Edwards and I think remixed too.
We want the best, we won't settle for less
- Good Times -