Sister Sledge - We Are Family (40 ème anniversaire du LP)

le graal

Moderators: Thierry, Electrofred, frenchic

frenchic

Sister Sledge - We Are Family (40 ème anniversaire du LP)

Post by frenchic » 03 Feb 2019, 12:35

Le 22 janvier 1979 sortait l'album We Are Family qui allait devenir un classique et changé la vie des Sister Sledge.

Sans doute le plus typiquement CHIC Sound de toutes les productions de la CHIC Org.
La pochette d'inspiration Art Déco est une merveille.

Rappels :

- On avait proposé aux CHIC men de produire n'importe quel artiste du catalogue Atlantic et on pensait qu'ils allaient choisir le haut du panier : les Rolling Stones (qui n'étaient pas contre). Nile & Nard ont choisi "le fond" du panier, les Sister Sledge (alors en pleine déroute et qui voulaient raccrocher) pour montre de quoi ils étaient capables : le reste fait partie de l'histoire..

- La totalité de l'album est sortie en 45T.

We want the best, we won't settle for less
- Good Times -

alex

Re: Sister Sledge - We Are Family (40 ème anniversaire du LP)

Post by alex » 03 Feb 2019, 15:41

A tremendous album, all tracks are sensational, recorded in 1978 at the same time from the album "C'est Chic" by CHIC, curiously without the participation of LUCI MARTIN in the backing vocals, but with the participation of the super vocalists LUTHER VANDROSS and NORMA JEAN WRIGHT on backing vocals.
My favorite tracks on the album are "Easier To Love" and "One More Time".

frenchic

Post by frenchic » 03 Feb 2019, 15:52

alex wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 15:41
My favorite tracks on the album are "Easier To Love" and "One More Time".
You're right Alex, these are marvelous songs :D . Love them too !
Ho, I had never seen Luci was not involved in this LP :shock: Your eyes are better than mine :mrgreen:

He's the Greatest Dancer was planed to be sung by CHIC and I Want Your Love by Sister Sledge.
Nile & Nard switched at the last minute.
- Good Times -

alex

Post by alex » 03 Feb 2019, 18:49

frenchic, is what shows the credits of the album, the backing vocalists are: ALFA ANDERSON, DIVA GRAY, DAVID LASLEY, LUTHER VANDROSS and NORMA JEAN WRIGHT, is that LUCI MARTIN also participates in the album and forgot to put her in the credits? I don't know, it would be a good question to ask her what actually happened.
Just as "He's The Greatest Dancer" was planned to be sung by CHIC and "I Want Your Love" was planned to be sung by SISTER SLEDGE, in 1979/1980 the track "I Got Protection" was planned to be sung by DIANA ROSS, but as she rejected it, it ended up being sung by CHIC, I believe there should be a demo of "I Got Protection" sung by DIANA ROSS, and also the demo of "I Got Protection" sung by LUTHER VANDROSS and FONZI THORNTON, on the lost ark of CHIC ORGANIZATION.

frenchic

Post by frenchic » 03 Feb 2019, 19:17

alex wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 18:49
is that LUCI MARTIN also participates in the album and forgot to put her in the credits? I don't know, it would be a good question to ask her what actually happened.
I'm gonna ask to Luci ! She follows my Twitter :D
- Good Times -

J-LUC_02

Post by J-LUC_02 » 03 Feb 2019, 20:39

Actuellement à l'affiche, la comédie "qu'est ce qu'on a encore fait au bon dieu" commence musicalement très fort, via la chanson "we are family". En 2019, entre le cinéma et les folies bergères, quel plaisir jubilatoire que celui d'entendre en salle ou sur scène les chansons de notre binôme préféré ! Hier, au cinéma, je suis resté jusqu'au générique de fin pour le bonheur de voir s'afficher à l'écran les noms de Nile Rodgers et Bernard Edwards ;-)

alex

Post by alex » 03 Feb 2019, 20:56

sister-sledge-we-are-family-3-cd.jpeg
sister-sledge-we-are-family-3-cd.jpeg (103.44 KiB) Viewed 3325 times

frenchic

Post by frenchic » 05 Feb 2019, 10:51

The answer of Luci Martin :D a little disappointed !sad!
Attachments
LM.jpg
LM.jpg (85 KiB) Viewed 3306 times
- Good Times -

alex

Post by alex » 05 Feb 2019, 14:21

Thank you frenchic, we now know of this incredible mistake, CHIC ORGANIZATION was a team, when it comes to a team, all members are important, and our dear and super talented LUCI MARTIN was part of this team. When she says it was not the first time they forgot to put her name on the credits, I believe she is referring to the album "Norma Jean" by NORMA JEAN WRIGHT, also recorded in 1978 and with the same backing vocalists from the album "We Are Family": ALFA ANDERSON, DIVA GRAY, DAVID LASLEY and LUTHER VANDROSS, and as lead vocalist: NORMA JEAN WRIGHT.