NILE will try and license: ALPHABET CITY Soundtrack (1984)

le graal

Moderators: Thierry, Electrofred, frenchic

alex

NILE will try and license: ALPHABET CITY Soundtrack (1984)

Post by alex » 10 Oct 2009, 02:09

Extraordinary affirmation of NILE RODGERS about the lost wonderful songs from the movie ALPHABET CITY (1984). I'm hoping a lot for him to launch the soundtrack of this movie. The songs are incredible, with NILE RODGERS (with his fabulous guitar and also vocals), JIMMY BRALOWER (amazing musician), JASON CORSARO (magnificent engineer) and other musicians and vocalists on the project, these songs may not be stored only on the shelf. Surely our NILE had made more this dream.

NILE RODGERS says in his Twitter:
@BylliCrayone Yo, I'm going to try and license all of my lost music from 80's Alphabet City from Island/ & Coming to America from Paramount 3:13 PM Oct 1st from TweetDeck in reply to BylliCrayone

Videos:

1) Alphabet City (1984) Trailer (2:24)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUGTdyFejVY

2) Alphabet City (1984) "Lady Luck" scene (2:40)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aRvDQHBXPc
Attachments
Alphabet%20City%20VHS.jpg
Alphabet%20City%20VHS.jpg (124.09 KiB) Viewed 1284 times

frenchic

Re: NILE will try and license: ALPHABET CITY Soundtrack (1984)

Post by frenchic » 10 Oct 2009, 11:55

I 've also read this information on Nile's Twiter.
It will be great the have the soundtrack.
I saw the film when it was released in 1984 then bought it on DVD.
We want the best, we won't settle for less
- Good Times -

Luke

Post by Luke » 22 Oct 2009, 17:11

frenchic wrote:I 've also read this information on Nile's Twiter.
It will be great the have the soundtrack.
I saw the film when it was released in 1984 then bought it on DVD.
i have the DVD too. I can rip the audio if you want. Some nice tunes on there indeed.
Docteur du Chic Clinique

alex

Post by alex » 22 Oct 2009, 18:51

Please Luke, do this work for the joy of all the fans, I also have this DVD but I don't open, this sealed yet (like a treasure), every song I heard of the movie I watched on YouTube ("Trailer", "Lady Luck scene", "End Credits" and "Alphabet City Video 2"). There is no more this video called "Alphabet City Video 2" on YouTube, I watched this video about a 3 years ago and I was really impressed with the song, in this video the main actor walked into a nightclub that was playing a wonderful song with a very catchy guitar by NILE RODGERS along with an amazing drum machine by JIMMY BRALOWER and a beautiful female voice, after listening to this song I was in ecstasy for several minutes and watched this video 50 times, my GOD, without any doubt this song has one of the most amazing guitar sound I've ever heard in my life. If Luke can do this great favor and FrenCHIC along with Thierry can make available these mp3 would be really wonderful, because in my opinion NILE RODGERS will release this soundtrack only in 2011 or 2012. Thank you very much.

Luke

Post by Luke » 21 Oct 2010, 17:58

do you really have it sealed still Alex? Get that thing playing! The ones on youtube are by no means all on the soundtrack.

Got my boxset today (j'ai recu le coffret aujourdhui) .

I got the FNAC one with extra tracks, so am very pleased.

Je blague :)

46! It's enough. My body cannot take any more :) Thank you nile, nard, tony and luci alfa rob fonzi norma jean luther bob and all other chic members over the years. It's really fantastic - this is anthology will hopefully make some more realise how amazing music Chic made, and I hope continue to with the new line-up.
Docteur du Chic Clinique