Very interesting messages posted by NILE RODGERS (Twitter)

le graal

Moderators: Thierry, Electrofred, frenchic

alex

Very interesting messages posted by NILE RODGERS (Twitter)

Post by alex » 15 Sep 2009, 01:02

All our NILE RODGERS writes, speaks or does is always very cool, so I'll save money now to buy your book. I am posting some very interesting messages from your Twitter that other fans don't posted yet (from March 07, 2009 to September 12, 2009). Enjoy!!!

01) i was just told the smith's guitarist johnny marr named his kid nile. http://tinyurl.com/atq5xc9:24 PM Mar 7th from web

02) i like the smith's. I had no idea that johnny like me ..or my name.9:28 PM Mar 7th from web

03) Wishing my sincerest condolences David Williams' family. Funk guitarist extraordinaire (Billie Jean and much more). His funk will be missed.10:03 AM Mar 9th from web

04) Just finished playing "Redemeption Song" w/ Ky-Mani Marley. He let me funk it up. You can feel the love in the house.12:49 PM Mar 25th from web

05) my mother was jailed across from the un cause she was pregnant with me at 13. After I *made* it I looked at that prison from my that PH!!!8:30 AM Mar 27th from web

06) Overwhelmed at the respect for Nard, Tony and Luther Vandross. The stage has Cherry Blossom. CHIC's Sakura at Blue Note.7:57 PM Apr 2nd from web

07) Music is the universal language. Akira Yamaoka-Silent Hill, Toshi Kobuta, Philip Woo, Crunchyroll's Rob Pereyda were at the packed CHIC show1:08 PM Apr 8th from web

08) Ever since the respectful handling of Bernard's untimely death, I have had a great love for Japan, I am sad to leave today.6:56 PM Apr 8th from web

09) Working on book today. Found original lyrics and notes from meetings in '79 w/ Diana Ross. Seems like yesterday when I read them.3:27 PM Apr 10th from web

10) Great dinner with Joe Mardin and Lady Caroline. Just found Razette 12" w/Lamya. Wonderful memories of when we first met.9:14 PM Apr 14th from web

11) I found the test pressing of "The Reflex" by Duran Duran and it still plays perfectly. I miss vinyl. 12" records sound awesome.9:26 PM Apr 14th from web

12) I am on a mission to find my cassette of David Bowie's Let's Dance demo I cut at Mountain Studios ( the band Queen's Swiss studio).9:33 PM Apr 14th from web

13) My ex mgr told me promoters didn't believe CHIC could sound like the records "live." They didn't believe we played it. BEEP. WRONG!!!10:13 AM Apr 15th from web

14) Found folks who worked 1st CHIC single, Bob Blank and Jimmie Young. All live all the time, no click tracks until the 80's, then rarely.4:08 PM Apr 15th from web

15) Writing this book is amazing. I've just found all of the orchestration for "Coming to America" & Madonna's Like a Virgin album. Cool.5:28 PM Apr 15th from web

16) Many have asked, "What's the book about?" It's my life story and journey in the music biz and it's amazing (some unbelievable) people.3:36 PM Apr 17th from web

17) I woke up this morning having dreamt about Madonna. Then at breakfast the newspaper said she'd had a riding accident. Weird.10:13 AM Apr 19th from web

18) I've never dreamt about an artist I've worked with in my life, 'cept my former partner, the night he passed away. It's just weird. No biggie2:10 PM Apr 19th from web

19) Musing about the days in the Apollo house band. Great memories. My gig right after Sesame Street tour with Fonzie.1:05 PM Apr 20th from web

20) It's always been difficult to explain to a lay person exactly what a producer (hopefully a good one) does.6:30 AM Apr 21st from web

21) Of course I've changed many songs when producing. But the rule that governs me is: If the car's going straight, you don't have to steer it.8:36 AM Apr 21st from web

22) I was just reminded of the night I introduced Mick Jagger to John Taylor at the Limelight Library. It was a great night.5:09 PM Apr 22nd from web

23) Jagger met JT at the Limelight in the summer of 84. A few days later he'd make sure I arrived just when everybody yelled Happy Birthday.8:46 PM Apr 22nd from web

24) Hey Scottie, yes brother. I remember EXACTLY how I met Bowie at the Continental. Feel free to hit me privately. I spoke to Claire OCtoday.9:14 PM Apr 22nd from web

25) Was recording with Jagger in 84', a surprise birthday party was being thrown 4 me, and Mick had to make sure I got to the limelight on time6:34 AM Apr 23rd from web

26) I can't believe that I'm home and am already in the studio recording. Oh well no rest for the rested.5:57 PM Apr 25th from web

27) My mom called and thanked me for giving her a wonderful carefree life. The book writing process helped us resolve many things. I love her.10:49 AM Apr 26th from web

28) Where in the world is a great guitar player named Tom Murray aka Blast? Last I heard he was in England.10:52 PM Apr 27th from web

29) The flix producer have her writing "Like A Virgin" years before as a ballad, then SHE flips it, and flies to the top of the charts.2:59 PM May 22nd from web

30) I was in a bit of a funk because of some family tragedies. This cracked me up proving laughter is good medicine.3:02 PM May 22nd from web

31) Playing test pressings all day of Duran ,Bowie , Diana Ross, Madonna, ThompsonTwins, CHIC & Halo. My tech didn't know I cut Vinyl on EVERYTHING.10:54 AM Jun 7th from web

32) Found The Vaughan Bros, Jeff Beck, Mick Jagger, Sheena Easton, Kim Carnes, B52's, Grace Jones, Ric Ocasek, Clapton & Beavis and Butthead. Haha3:09 PM Jun 7th from web

33) CHIC's Credo is: A song is an excuse to go to a chorus, and a chorus is an excuse to go to a breakdown. Porto Cervo next stop. Peace12:54 AM Jun 10th from web

34) In the new CHIC set we do many songs the way they were originally recorded. IT'S ALL ABOUT BIG BREAKDOWNS. The world is a Dance Floor!5:47 AM Jun 11th from web

35) R.I.P. Ola Hudson. My dear friend Slash's mom. She used to always brag about her son to me before he and I ever met. Ola was the real deal.1:36 PM Jun 11th from web

36) Slash's mom Ola Hudson's service is to today. Slash was with me when I lost my musical partner Bernard Edwards in Tokyo. Love to Slash's Fam9:27 AM Jun 13th from web

37) My closest friends from the Black and White Panthers (check your history) are in town to see one of our brothers w/Parkinson's. Gotta sleep7:40 PM Jun 21st from web

38) Didn't sleep last night. Now I have to give a friend a guitar lesson & mix a record. Always wanted 2 b a musician. Careful what u wish for!6:12 AM Jun 24th from web

39) Finally slept after Italy. I'm going to a reading about the life of Richard Pryor. The writer/director wants me to score the show.6:30 AM Jun 25th from web

40) My old gig, a band called New York City used to open for the Jackson Five. On that tour we watched them get "Dancing Machine" down.5:57 AM Jun 26th from web

41) When I played on History, it took 20 minutes to do my parts. MJ and I just spent hours "talking" about Funky Music and Bands of that era.6:08 AM Jun 26th from web

42) Michael, Janet, The Jackson Five and the various one offs, is a huge part of the soundtrack of my life.6:12 AM Jun 26th from web

43) The tears are flowing. Songs that used to just make me dance suddenly have new meaning as I LISTEN TO THE WORDS. MJ is Genius. Believe it!6:40 AM Jun 26th from web

44) Off to Rome to play with one of my heroes Al Mckay from Earth Wind and Fire. Thousands of folks immersed in funk so deep in 16 hours!7:14 PM Jul 5th from web

45) We added a few bars of "Human Nature" to the intro of "I Want Your Love" to honor Michael Jackson, I want to keep it that way forever.4:29 PM Jul 6th from web

46) Just got home from a CHIC show in Rome at the end of the Michael Jackson service. I'm proud to have have known and worked with him.2:10 PM Jul 7th from web

47) I am happy to have music to help deal with the daily drama called LIFE! Just watched MJ's service cause I returned from Rome too late.10:22 AM Jul 8th from web

48) Reflecting on Michael Jackson, Bernard Edwards, Luther Vandross, Tony Thompson, Barry White, Rick James, in Mi Vida Loca. Thx for everything5:50 AM Jul 10th from web

49) Will be contributing on a doc film about self contained black bands, and Tony Thompson's (CHIC fam) stint with Led Zep.9:04 PM Jul 10th from web

50) This trip is the right thing. My Duran chapter is finally done. I know they say "Look back but don't stare." But those days were SMOKING.8:56 PM Jul 12th from web

51) Almost finished Madonna section of book. She did "Like A Virgin" live on the MTV awards b4 the record dropped. Heard "For The Very 1st Time"5:35 AM Jul 15th from web

52) Made a stop in Colorado. As I was writing about Madonna at Live Aid, someone sent me something about her stage crashing. Damn Heavy Week!5:49 PM Jul 16th from web

53) @JennyMay Thx. I 've not seen the Vaughan Bros promo for years. That black guit Stevie's playing is mine. I've not played it since. Wow3:25 PM Jul 23rd from TweetDeck in reply to JennyMay

54) I am going to bed with my guitar to practice all the new songs before I fall asleep. The people in Girona are great. Crazy, but great.3:44 PM Jul 23rd from TweetDeck

55) I just woke up in Spain and listened to Halo 3:ODST new music from Marty O'Donnell. Much respect. I love it! So proud of you friend.2:57 AM Jul 24th from web

56) I'm so tired, I'm seeing double. At least in the 80's we chose this. Excited to play the new set again tonight. Then I get sleep for 2 hrs.7:13 AM Jul 26th from web

57) Wow! My tech just found a box of nice photos with David Bowie and me. I can't believe the stuff that you can find in old CHIC road cases.7:37 PM Jul 29th from web

58) I have original Madonna Like A Virgin album session string charts, that I am scanning to donate to Steve Vai's favorite charity today.9:22 AM Jul 30th from web

59) http://twitpic.com/c5e7a - this was found in the basement in the archives this morning... :)10:37 AM Jul 30th from TwitPic

60) My mother has come to town for a reunion with her childhood friends in the South Bronx. She looks almost the same after sixty years!5:20 PM Jul 31st from web

61) Turning in for the night listening to Grace Jones' "Don't Cry, It's Just The Rhythm," from Slave To The Rhythm. That sh*t is crazy clever.8:13 PM Aug 2nd from web

62) Here's my fav Grace J. lyric: "Who are you to crash my party, with your mediocre blow? Your Powder, has no Power, over me!" Hollywood Liar.9:01 AM Aug 3rd from web

63) I slept last night for more 8 hours. Though it wasn't continuous, it was some kind of record for this insomniac.10:56 AM Aug 7th from web

64) Leaving Amanyara to get back to NY to finish the book, rehearse more CHIC songs, complete the Bdwy show, & release Halo 3:ODST in Sept.6:22 AM Aug 8th from web

65) Melatonin Day 2. Dreamt about meeting Duran Duran. Checked my facebook page and Laticia had tapped into my dreams. Coincidental sh*t? WTF!7:55 AM Aug 11th from web

66) I played the solo on Bowie's "Miracle Goodnight" w/a 61' Les Paul. David said, "Play it as if the 50's never happened!" I though of Les.9:01 PM Aug 14th from web

67) A few of my Les Pauls. They're the ones I like most. Some have recording & live performance history. http://bit.ly/hx7DX #lespaul7:28 AM Aug 15th from TweetDeck

68) @Aquila11 I have around more than 100 guitars. There is no single *one* I prefer. They're different colors to paint different pictures.2:03 PM Aug 15th from web in reply to Aquila11

69) Spent last week in full on crazy: crazy writing, rehearsing, and returned to the life of an insomniac. Oh well, it's served me all my life.7:44 AM Aug 27th from web

70) I tried restful sleep & It doesn't work for me. My engine keeps running. http://bit.ly/LjLJK6:13 AM Aug 28th from web

71) On my funky way to have an Amster-Dam good time. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET CHERIE of CHIC. See you on the plane.5:20 AM Sep 1st from web

72) I've just slept like a vampire. WOW! had no idea it is so cold in Dublin. I guess we must call upon the funk force to fix the weather again.10:13 AM Sep 5th from web

73) I LOVE IRELAND. Brian Wilson, Kid Creole, Madness, and the girls in catering look like runway models. Scary Fine. Everyone's so loving.12:45 PM Sep 5th from txt

74) On my way to London to work w/Bryan Ferry. The first great CHIC inspiration. A story I detail in my book. Roxy pointed the way to CHIC.1:04 AM Sep 6th from txt

75) Maybe it's the hippie or panther in me, but EVERYBODY in Ireland eagerly returns a smile. ADORE the people, but the weather SUCKS!2:43 AM Sep 6th from web

76) I am in musical heaven. Here w/ Bryan Ferry & Rhett Davies. This is old school musical magic. Funky guitar through a Trident desk. YES!!6:00 AM Sep 7th from TweetDeck

77) One down and well...I got a feeling they are going to try and "trick" me into playing on the whole album. They are off in a secret meeting.6:02 AM Sep 7th from TweetDeck

78) I have completed half the new Bryan Ferry album in one day. Just like old school. When time was money and you had to be focused. I LOVE IT!11:10 AM Sep 7th from TweetDeck

79) Cracking up at the Bryan Ferry session today over M'Lord Johnson Somerset's discovery of the Wah Wah pedal.... http://bit.ly/EVKbu4:30 PM Sep 7th from Facebook

80) Just finished up with Bryan Ferry, and talked to my boy Gary Go. Is anybody down with a new artist named Liam Gerner? Nice demos!11:41 AM Sep 8th from web

81) Great playing w/Bryan Ferry. Marcus Miller and Steve Ferrone are killing that shit. AB Lwin/ Bow Wow Wow is still a looker. Music is Life!8:09 AM Sep 9th from TweetDeck

82) Found footage of Roxy Music that inspired CHIC. CHICSters will LYAO. The best musicians are the best thieves. We 5 fingered Bryan BIGTIME!8:16 AM Sep 9th from TweetDeck

83) I have just had the best few days playing with Bryan Ferry. He was a huge early inspiration. The UK was great.8:45 AM Sep 10th from Facebook

84) The last song I played with Bryan Ferry is still stuck in my head. I think that's a good thing. Can't wait til it's finished.11:12 AM Sep 10th from TweetDeck

85) I want to thank all the fans on the last trip from Amsterdam, London and Ireland for making this one of the best times of my life.10:29 AM Sep 11th from Facebook

86) Writing about Jagger/Bowie Live Aid duet, Dancing In The Streets. I'm thankful everyday I wake up on this side of the dirt. I partied hard!11:19 AM Sep 12th from web

|