CHIC - Good Times (Short Instrumental Version)

le graal

Moderators: Thierry, Electrofred, frenchic

alex

CHIC - Good Times (Short Instrumental Version)

Post by alex » 25 Aug 2009, 19:05

Excerpt from recent interview with NILE RODGERS which he talks about the song "Good Times":

Good Times became their second chart-topper in June 1979. "It was a concept we'd been trying to do for years," says the guitarist. "We'd tried to write a song with a walking bassline gazillions of times.

"Then one night I was hanging out at Studio 54 getting high on drugs and booze. Next morning I left the club and went straight to the studio. I was messing around with some chords from Kool & The Gang's song Hollywood Swinging and suddenly I came up with something original.

"Tony, Rob and I were jamming away like crazy on that groove when Bernard walked in.

"He picks up his bass and starts playing a bassline. But I'm screaming over Tony's loud f***ing drums, 'Walk, walk' and Bernard thinks about what we've been trying to do all those years and - bingo! - there's that bassline you hear on the record.

"I screamed to our engineer Bob Clearmountain, 'Make it red man' and we recorded it in one take. We added vocals and there it was - the record you hear today."

CHIC - Good Times (Short Instrumental Version) (4:24)
Link (4.1 MB):
http://www.4shared.com/file/96450391/da ... nstr_.html

+