JENNY BURTON - People Have Got To Move (1985) (Album Version and Movie Version)

le graal

Moderators: Thierry, Electrofred, frenchic

alex

JENNY BURTON - People Have Got To Move (1985) (Album Version and Movie Version)

Post by alex » 26 Oct 2020, 03:27

This song is part of the movie "White Nights" from 1985 and is also featured on the soundtrack of the movie. The movie version of the film is different than the album version of the soundtrack, you can hear different parts of the guitar by NILE RODGERS at the beginning and in the middle of the song. As for the musicians participating in this song, we don't know about it because don't have the credits, but we can say that JENNY BURTON is on lead vocals and NILE RODGERS plays guitar and is on intro vocals and background vocals, regarding drums or drum programming, synthesizer, keyboards and horns are unknown, maybe JIMMY BRALOWER is playing drums or drum programming and maybe LENNY PICKETT is on saxophone. I really like this song.

JENNY BURTON - People Have Got To Move (Album Version)
Produced by NILE RODGERS (1985)
Written by NILE RODGERS
https://youtu.be/nVRP8kpgBAk

JENNY BURTON - People Have Got To Move (Movie Version)
https://youtu.be/LKZkOvj7d54

frenchic

Re: JENNY BURTON - People Have Got To Move (1985) (Album Version and Movie Version)

Post by frenchic » 27 Oct 2020, 19:04

Never heard this song.
Great find Alex :D
Sounds very pop Nile Rodgers of the 80's !
We want the best, we won't settle for less
- Good Times -

Thierry
Site Admin

Re: JENNY BURTON - People Have Got To Move (1985) (Album Version and Movie Version)

Post by Thierry » 28 Oct 2020, 00:22

Great Thanks for these goodies Alex !
Nile Rodgers is in the air :P

"Bad Habits" is my best favourite song on the same album.
She's beautiful always !rainbow'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfQ_kau ... unkChannel

Have Fun Again, I want you to have fun...

alex

Post by alex » 28 Oct 2020, 19:34

I agree with you frenchic, very pop NILE RODGERS sounds of the 80's, and I agree with you too Thierry, JENNY BURTON is so beautiful, but this song doesn't appears on any of her albums, it only appears on the album "WHITE NIGHTS: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack" from 1985 and as b-side of the 7" single "LOU REED - My Love Is Chemical / JENNY BURTON - People Have Got To Move" also from 1985, both the album version and the 7" single version are the same version. The version of the film is different than the version of the album, in addition to different parts of the guitar by NILE RODGERS, more saxophone is heard in the movie version, unfortunately only half of this version appears in the film, I really wanted to hear this version of the film completely. In my opinion, another musician who could be playing in this song would be ROB SABINO (keyboards/synthesizer), in addition to JIMMY BRALOWER and LENNY PICKETT.

alex

Post by alex » 28 Oct 2020, 20:07

Sorry Thierry, you didn't say that the song "Bad Habits" is from the same album that contains the song "People Have Got To Move", I got it wrong, it must have been because of the beauty of JENNY BURTON, I paid more attention to the photo than in your text (kkkkkkkkk).

Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry » 28 Oct 2020, 21:27

No problem Alex, I 'm hypnotized too :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Have Fun Again, I want you to have fun...